Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Ugly Little Liar

Once upon a time there was a whore. She authored a blog. Here is what she had to say:
  _______________________________________________________________________

I'm tired of living a lie. Of trying to make myself believe it's not a lie. They say seeing is believing, but what if everything that you see only pushes you further into disbelief? And amidst all the doubt, I have to shrug, smile and play along like it's the most genuine thing in the world. I have to live a double fraud. I have to get defrauded and I have to continue to perpetrate that fraud without acknowledging it as one.

I do not know how much longer I can pull this stunt- I'm tired. Justifiably so because it has not been easy. It's never easy to keep one's side of the bargain with so much diligence only to watch it being flagrantly violated by the other faction. Today I'm at a stage that I think is the detritus of the human soul. Im a decay product of a person who inherently believed in good and lived by it, only to face a tragic death at the hands of sheer deceit. I remember I was a person when I started out but inevitably ended up as a whore. I ended up with not an iota of dignity or self respect within me. Worse because of my acceptance to live so. I'm no longer the person who cares about anything any longer. I work in my capacity as a whore and I get paid accordingly. I've learnt to shut my eyes and ears and carry on with my double-fraud whore-job every day. With no modesty left to guard, I'm free like the wind. Yayyyy.

At this juncture, a passage from Julius Caeser comes to mind; one that gives words to my battle- the battle between the person I once was and the third grade being I have now transformed into.

[BRUTUS]
Be not deceiv'd: if I have veil'd my look,
I turn the trouble of my countenance
Merely upon myself. Vexed I am
Of late with passions of some difference,
Conceptions only proper to myself,
which give some soil, perhaps, to my behaviours;
But let not therfore my good friends be griev'd-
Nor construe any further my neglect,
Than that poor Brutus, with himself at war,
Forgets the shows of love to other men.


But let not therfore my good friends be griev'd.
For I am the bitch that will always find my way back to my master. I will continue to wag my tail at my master's sight and and salivate at the sight of a juicy bone my master will throw at me. I will do my bit and accept payment in the form of words, smiles and promises. I am after all, an ugly little liar.

  _______________________________________________________________________
She wasn't a slut. She wasn't a rape victim. She just lived in a world of promises constructed by liars. She was a trust victim.

3 comments:

  1. This is so deep woman! I am in love with this post! Its scary, dark but at the same time there's pain and also a slight bubble of happiness in it.

    Unfortunately, this world is full of liars and sometimes people we trust the most break our hearts. But as you said, we have to smile, be happy and be righteous because on the day of judgement, there will be no injustice.

    Also, I love the flow of words in this post! And i love how you beautifully you've related the extract from Julius Caeser in context with this post. You are truly a gem !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shim, you make a wonderful critic :*

      Your optimism never ceases to impress me but I think the fault often lies in us- that we willingly place out trust in certain people. We do it in the name of love, little to we realize that we've given away the very weapon that will later destroy us.
      Tum takalluf ko iqlaas samajh baithe Faraaz. Dost hota nahi hai haath milaane wala.

      And I didn't do that JC correlation, some whore did. :D

      Delete
  2. Im glad you feel that way ^_^

    Yes, you just have to take it as a life lesson if not you wouldn't have been the wise person you are today!

    ReplyDelete